Sunday, June 3, 2007

She shows no emotion at all, stares into space like a dead china doll

I don't want to study for the bar. At all. And to make sure that didn't happen, today I adopted a cat named George, who, despite being in my apartment for the last 8 hours, has yet to use his litterbox. Perhaps he's just angry with me for lining it with the property pages of my CMR. I've given up for today, and will now turn to the bottle of wine I've been eyeing up for the last 4 hours or so.

51 days until the bar... you'd think I'd be more motivated.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the first hours, it's important to put the cat someplace close to the litterbox while they adjust. It's normal for them to ignore the litter box, as they are usually under emotional duress.

xkx said...

congrats on the cat!

I think we all have days like that--don't feel too guilty, just use the time to relax so that you can start again tomorrow.

not like I should be giving advice...but anyway, you're not alone.

Anonymous said...

I don't get it. You adopted a cat? Were you hungry? Is it going to be a sacrifice to the Bar Gods? 'splian please!

Now with 110% more bitter! said...

I adopted the cat because the only non-law friends I have in Cali were out of town this weekend or busy with other plans, and I was lonely. It was also a great way to avoid studying the entire day. And I doubt I'll eat George, as I don't eat weird foods, though if I thought it'd raise my MBE score by a few points I'd certainly consider placing him on the examiners' alter and lighting him on fire. Good thing it doesn't work like that.

Law Daze said...

Tonight it will have been 2 full weeks since I have started my car or left the house (unless you count accompanying my SO to pick up a bag of ice at Sonic late one night). The cat was probably a very healthy decision (not in a dietary kind of way).