Friday, June 15, 2007

Sheep go to heaven, goats go to hell

The fact that today's title is from a legit song really makes me happy right now.

I just got the following e-mail from my Sports Law Prof -

"Dude, you got an A in sports law! (I just got the list back so I could match people to exams.) Of all my courses, how the hell did THAT happen?... I wondered who would use The Cutting Edge as precedent! I also wonder how many points you would lose with any other professor for calling a tort "stupid....""

My sports law prof. kicked some serious ass. I had her for torts, and then proceeded to take everything she offered - hence the Sports Law class. I was also her research assistant, so it's getting this e-mail from her was not as bizarre as it may appear.

Too bad that the bar examiners wouldn't be as keen on the use of humor in exams (she encouraged it for her tests). Although I may have to point out that a few torts are "stupid." Sheep my ass - I'm going to be a goat! Then, after I fail miserably, I'll try the whole sheep approach.

I left class early today - somewhere in the last hour of the PT review. It just got too repetitive to handle. At least it was more substantive than yesterday, and I think I learned a few things. Like what to include in an affidavit, for example. I just got really really tired at the end of it.

Tonight I'm going to take most of the evening off to go see a showing of Dr. Strangelove. I won't get to the Paced Program assignments today, but have sworn that I'll get caught up tomorrow during the day.

They really need to have a supplementary Paced Program that goes through how much one should be drinking each night after studying for the bar. With all the concern of lawyers becoming alcoholics, it'd be nice to have a way to build up tolerance over the next few months before I start work. My current program of a bottle of wine every few days isn't cutting it right now. I may have to draft my own...

Day 1: 1 glass of wine.

Day 2: 2 glasses of wine.

Day 3: 1 bottle of wine.

Day 4: 6 shots of grey goose.

Day 5: 1 liter of grey goose.

Days 6 though 34: Enter rehab, use extra "reflection" time to study for bar exam.

Day 33: Start the program again.

Yeah - I better start working on that... right now.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I completely agree that the Paced Program should list alcohol allowances. I study at our dining room table right next to our wine rack and it is just far too tempting...