Friday, June 8, 2007

Words fall through me, and always fool me

I skipped BarBri today, and only feel mildly guilty about it. Today was another Essay workshop, and I didn't feel like I got anything out of the first one that I wouldn't get by going through the process of outlining answers and checking them with the sample answers myself. Not like I'm actually doing that either - instead I've spent most of today finishing up my flashcards from Crimes. The results on the drills wasn't good - 11/17 - but I'm assuming that will improve once I commit all of the elements to all of these f'd up common law crimes to memory. Crim Pro is definitely my strong suit, thanks to working my ass off during that class first semester of my 3L year.

I've been listening to the Crim Law and Crim Pro PMBR CDs... and last night on my way home from coffee heard the most entertaining thing thus far on the otherwise drab CDs - "Don't worry about the essays. If after 4 years of college and 3 years of law school you still haven't figured out how to bullshit your way through an essay, you don't deserve to be a lawyer." Granted, this statement by PMBR was self-serving, as they only focus on the MBE, but the force with which the prof. said 'bullshit' was hilarious. And I actually think that will be true in my case - I'll be fine on the essays provided I learn the black letter law, and I'll be able to learn the black letter law by doing a fuck-ton of MBE questions.

It's odd - I actually feel okay about the bar right now. With only a month and a half to go, I think I may be able to get all of this stuff down to pass, provided I put in the work. Speaking of work - I need to knock out some Crimes IQs before heading home later tonight, drinking a few glasses of wine, and getting some much-needed sleep.

No comments: