Wednesday, June 6, 2007

There is no you, there is only me

Evidence MBE - Advanced - 77%. I'm thrilled. Looks like I may not suck on the multiple choice questions as much as I thought I was going to.

I've ordered the two PMBR books off of ebay, which I should have in a few days... for those who had the course - what's the difference between the two books? I'm assuming one is the "hard" questions...

Today was Crimes with Prof. Whitebread. His style is interesting to say the least - as opposed to going through everything, he basically makes one small point, repeats it 5 times, and moves on. I also found him rather entertaining, despite the repetition, thanks to a few comments he made about animals. (You aren't guilty of murder for killing a crime solving talking dolphin, and the MBE examiners aren't going to ask you a question on beastiality. If you've seen the lecture you'll know what I'm getting at with these.)

Speaking of animals, George may be dead. I'll update later.

4 comments:

AliK said...

I hope George isn't dead! The blue PMBR book has old Bar Passers questions and the red book has PMBR-written questions. The guy who taught Torts for PMBR co-founded Bar Passers and he recommends you start with the blue book, but then again he wrote those questions so he's biased. If it's any help, I started with the blue book.

Now with 110% more bitter! said...

George is alive. :)

Thanks for the PMBR info!

Law Daze said...

That's two votes for starting with the Blue Book (another blogger also mentioned Blue First followed by Red), but when I attended the 6-day course last month, we were told to start with the Red Book (the larger one) and move to the Blue Book closer to the exam.

For what it's worth, the Blue Book ends with 2 PMBR Simulated Exams, is labeled 'Volume 2' and includes the following inside the front cover, "After completing all the questions in the PMBR Multistate Workbook Volume 1, you should then move on and do the questions contained in the PMBR Workbook Volume 2 (the "blue book").

Blue Book starters would only hurt themselves if they struggle at first but end up with a false sense of mastery if the Red are indeed easier. Otherwise, it might be an advantage to start harder than the rest.

Disclaimer: I have no personal knowledge of the degree of complexity in any book. Right now, they all bite.

Law Daze said...

p.s. Awesome Evidence results!