Monday, June 18, 2007

Don't wake me I plan on sleeping in

Slept through the AM Ks lecture (thanks to a sleeping pill... I should have known better given the lecture we got on Friday.) Made it to the afternoon lecture. Out of guilt, made 100 flashcards for Ks instead of taking the night off, as most of the other BarBri people were going to do. Sad.

During one of our bathroom breaks this afternoon, I had a short convo with someone I didn't know in line. I made the comment that it's like 1L year all over again - seeing legal issues all over the place, and feeling the need to comment on them (at least in my head). (That guy just spit on the car - trespass to chattels? Guy gets hit with a baseball bat on TV - assault? Battery? If he dies within one year... prosecution for murder ok and no double jeopardy if he was already prosecuted for battery.)

Also, if one of my friends is in the middle of telling me a story, I seem to want to jump in with all the random rules I've been refreshed on the last few weeks. (Oh, I'm really sorry your grandfather died. But, keep in mind that if the funeral parlor drops his casket and you're around to see it, you may be able to recover for NIED. That's when....)

Seriously, this has got to stop.

1 comment:

biff said...

I've been applying constitutional standards to all the laws I learn. Eg, some of the Community Property laws seem to violate equal protection...