Monday, June 11, 2007

So a jury was formed as more liquor was poured

Today was BarBri day from hell. Not only did I have to spend a full 7 hours of classtime going over civil procedure, but as the second half of the day started up the guy in front of me knocked over my coffee, which completely covered all of my workbook pages. The notes I had taken from the morning session now have bleeding ink all over them, and the whole mess smells like vanilla cream. So that was pretty awesome. Things were made all the better when, with about 1/2 hour remaining of civil procedure torture, the fire alarm went off. Now had this happened during the "shouting fire in a crowded theater" portion of con law, I would have found it mildly entertaining. But it loses it's entertainment value when it goes off during the jury selection portion of the notes. I'd been dying to get out of there since I arrived, as I got only about 3 hours of sleep last night. Argh. Next Monday isn't looking too good either, with a full day of Contracts, which will only serve to bring up painful memories of my horrific contracts prof. from law school. I'm shuddering already.

Anyways... civ pro. I think the lecture could have been organized a lot better. We spent the morning doing federal civ pro, and the afternoon with a mix of federal and Cali rules. A side-by-side comparison throughout the whole thing would have made more sense, at least to me. The prof. giving the lecture, Freer (I think), wasn't too bad, but sounds like either 1) a game show announcer, or 2) the guy that does Moviephone. I got used to it, but first thing this morning I was close to shooting myself. (Not like that feelings gone away.)

Tonight the only thing on the BarBri schedule is to review civ pro. I think I'll be doing this by taking my coffee soaked notes and putting them into chart form. If I manage to finish with that before 10, I'll try a few PMBR problems in Con Law. Or perhaps I'll just pass out in the bathroom at coffee - I tip well enough that they should be cool with that.

Final random point to bitch about - why aren't we doing contracts now? It would make a lot more sense to do all the multistate subjects first, as they are guaranteed to be on the exam. Instead, tomorrow we have corps, followed by agency & partnership on Wednesday, and two performance test workshops to finish out the week.

This coffee better kick in quick... I'm cranky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

post pictures of George, please.