Sunday, June 17, 2007

Then we'll drink the night away

Saturday - slept until 3:00 PM. Did nothing in terms of bar study. Went grocery shopping. Watched movies on HBO. Stayed up until 2:00 AM on a phone call with a friend of mine. Clearly, I took Honisburg's advice a little too literally.

Today - finished all the assigned material from Friday, Saturday and today. Basically - I just did 4 essays for corps, and took the simulated PT. I think I did ok on the PT. I tend to quote a lot more than I should instead of summarizing, and spent too much time on on part at the expense of the other, but overall I didn't have a tough time in completing the exam in 3 hours. We'll see when I get my exam back in 7-10 days though.

Tomorrow I start contracts with Prof. Epstein. A full day of it - which means I have him live. (I've been going to the AM lectures on Monday mornings, then sleeping in the rest of the week and watching the lectures on video the rest of the week.) He's the only other name that I recognized besides Chem-Chem that's giving the BarBri lectures to us. I'm still tempted to bring in my camera to take a picture of him... and I still won't do it.

After Ks is done I'll have completed all the MBE subjects. Kind of a scary thought, considering that I feel like I know nothing at this point. I'm also terrified to go back and do MBEs on subject that I covered 3 weeks ago. Like I remember any of that stuff at this point.

Hopefully this "I'm fucked!" feeling continues until the bar exam begins... without it I lack motivation to study (hence sitting at home doing nothing all day Saturday). I do great under pressure - but can't do shit without it. Even with the Paced Program.

Even with the "I'm fucked!" feeling, Entourage still wins out. So now, with all of my Paced Program assignments completed, I'm going home to watch that and ideally get to bed at a half-way decent hour.

1 comment:

The Grand Poobah said...

Yeah. Honigsberg. Damn him. He's become the little devil figure on my shoulder tell me that I don't really have to study this hard. "Don't worry.", he says. "You'll pass this thing, no problem. All you need to do is average 63 points on your writing and you be over that hump by .1% based on the last exam. You can fail your way to Bar Exam glory. Sure you can. So go ahead and be a slacker. No worries."

The bastard.