Thursday, May 31, 2007

Bitter, just one more day when it's already been too long

My car battery died. Again. Considering I just got a new battery a week and a half ago, something tells me the battery may not have been the problem the first time around. So once again I am car less, stuck with the same mechanic because I don't know who else to go to, and will be missing BarBri tomorrow. Lovely. Needless to say, I'm not what one would call "happy" at this point. As I'm incapable of studying within the confines of my apartment, or at the Starbucks across the street due to their very small tables, tonight was spent cleaning up a bit and watching the Deadliest Catch on my TiVo. I'm sure that will help me with all those crab-related bar questions.

And to think, I thought that remembering the RAP and the Rule in Shelly's Case was going to be the worst part of the day. Yes, Property review has started, and I'm thoroughly annoyed by the Prof. - Paula Franzese. She sings during class. At length. Granted, some people may find this useful in remembering certain key points for the bar, but I just find it grating. And we have her for the next 2 days. Argh.

The only good thing today was getting an A in my FDA class. I'm still not sure how that happened, but I'll take it.

6 comments:

The Grand Poobah said...

Your battery problem actually sounds like an alternator problem. If so, that's probably going to be about $300 with parts and labor. Blah.

Congrats on the 'A'!

Now with 110% more bitter! said...

Just got a call - and it's costing me $400. They said it was the alternator this time around - though apparently they checked it a week and a half ago and didn't find a problem then - so I'll be out for a new battery and the new alternator when my battery probably was fine in the first place. I'm just wondering if it ends up being an electrical short causing the problems, and NOT the alternator or the battery, what causes of action, if any, I have against the mechanic. Bailment for hire... hmmmm...

Law Daze said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Law Daze said...

I remember the dead battery conundrum well. I concur with GP - next (and most likely) step is the alternator. In the event you go through a couple of alternators, in my car it ended up being the voltage regulator. Some are apparently pricey, but in my case, two alternators and three batteries later, the whole thing came down to a tiny $10. part. Maybe you could persuade a good friend or family member to switch cars with you for two months and allow you to be maintenance-free until August.

Anonymous said...

I once bought a VW bug that had a cracked ignition (not visible). This led to the starter being left on while I drove several hours, resulting in me finding a dead battery when I tried to start my car up again after stopping for gas. Might want to check you don't have that issue.

Anonymous said...

That woman's CV is absurd. JJ