Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Rather waste some time with you

I didn't do a single practice problem yesterday, as I couldn't seem to get out of the house. I'm not thrilled about my lack of motivation yesterday, but today I hope to rectify the situation by heading out for my coffee shop once the cable people arrive and leave. I'm going to stay there until close (10 PM). At least that's the goal.

Today was the last day of Con Law lecture, and went well, with Chem-Chem throwing out some even worse jokes. Tomorrow torts begins, though I don't know who the lecturer is.

Despite my pathetic bar studying performance last night and the lack of sleep I got overnight, today is shaping up to be a pretty good day. I found out that my firm is raising salaries to 160 for first years, which will mean that since I was hired on as an associate the first year pay has jumped $35,000. Not bad for me not having to do anything. Actually - someone just commented on the raise in my comments, though I'd love to know who - so e-mail me, whoever you are.

Also this morning I discovered that the mechanic gave me a remote control car door lock thing - which I've wanted for as long as I got my car. I'm not sure how or why it showed up on my keychain, but it's there and it works. Considering that they overcharged me for my battery, I'm going to not question anything.

Finally, my first grade came back from 3L second semester - an A in BA/Corps. Given that I completely bombed the last question, and that I attended less than 10% of the scheduled classes, I was pretty happy about how I did. Not that grades really matter anymore, aside from the ego boost.

As a side note, my sister called me last night to (1) request that I finance her trip to Sweden this summer, which I declined to do, and (2) to report that all my father wants for Father's Day is for me to pass the bar. I think (1) is more likely, but I'll do my best for (2).

No comments: