Saturday, May 5, 2007

Broke into the old apartment, this is where I used to live

Two days ago I received a list of cleaning costs for my apartment, which will tell me what they will deduct from my security deposit. The vast majority of the charges are insanely high. $50 to vacuum, $30 to wipe down the fridge, $30 to clean each and every one of the blinds, $10 to replace a broken light bulb, etc. If I left my apartment as-is, it'd cost me something like $2,000. There's no way that this passes the reasonableness test that has to be somewhere in the statute (because there's always a reasonableness standard), but as much as I want my current apartment complex to suffer I can't really deal with filing a small claims court action while taking the bar. So I've decided to hire a maid service to do the cleaning for me. It's kind of sad that I won't just suck it up and do it myself - but with my last final being on Thursday morning and my parents arriving for graduation Friday afternoon, I won't have the time or the energy to take care of things.

I had my BA/Corps final Thursday morning, of which I remember very little aside from me completely fucking up one question (along with rest of class, assuming the post-exam rumblings were true), and how poorly the exam questions were written overall. At least I think I did fine. Only 2 finals left now - Sports Law and FDA. I'm trying to get a large chunk of my FDA outline done today, and it was going pretty well until a group of about 40 people descended on my (tiny) coffee shop to look at the new artwork on the walls. Claustrophobia set in, followed by sheer annoyance at the people hovering over my table to look at the pictures. I'm not even that stressed out about the exam... so I can only imagine if something similar were to happen while I'm studying for the bar. Chances are I'll either burst into tears or throw something at the people around me. Hard.

So anyways, graduation is a week away. I'm in denial. I've been refusing to say "good-bye" to anyone, and instead have been making plans to see people this week that I know I won't be able to keep. It's probably a good thing that I start my drive out to Cali next Sunday - a quick escape may be my best bet to avoid unnecessary stress.

Speaking of stress - my graduation robe is wrinkled to all get-out. I packed my iron a month ago, and have no idea what box it is in. Anyone know if the local dry cleaners does ironing jobs?

No comments: