Saturday, April 28, 2007

After your leaving, your leaving me alone

Two weeks from today I graduate, and three weeks from today I'll be unpacking boxes in my pimp new apartment. Scary.

Today I received an e-mail from the graduation committee with the graduation party info... it turns out that there will be a cash bar and an appetizer buffet. A cash bar? After 3 years, they seriously can't have an open bar for us? At least we get "happy hour prices" - but still. Not even free champagne? Argh. I'm now questioning if I should really go to the party, or should buy a cheap bottle of cab and sit at home watching episodes of Dawson's Creek on DVD.

Tonight is another graduation party of sorts with some non-law school friends in town. It's quite possibly the last time I'll see most of them for quite awhile. Thankfully, the alcohol will be free and I'll be able to get rid of half-full bottles of vodka that have been sitting in my freezer for months. One less thing to pack!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not surprising that it's a cash bar when the only source of income for that AND the class gift is the stupid auction, but I agree, lame. But my big issue is that every other law school in the country asks its 3Ls for donations to the class gift, but not MN. Sorry, not totally on topic, but related and it annoys me very, very much. I mean, it's not really a gift from the class otherwise.