Tuesday, July 17, 2007

On My Own from Les Mis - Bar Taker's Edition

On my own
Pretending Conviser’s beside me
All alone
I read with him til morning
Without him, I keep on bombing essays
And when I lose my way I close my eyes and hope I die soon

MBEs
Aren’t easier when sober
Wrong answers are circled on my paper
Despite practice, essays are full of fake rules
And all I see Conviser forever and forever

And I know it’s only in my mind
That I’m talking to myself and not to him
And although I know I’ll fail the bar
Still I say there’s a way for us

I love him
But when the bar is over
He is gone
The PTs just a PT
Without him, I’m guaranteed to repeat
I’m giving up though everyone keeps telling me “You’ll pass this!”

I love him
But every day I’m learning
In BarBri, I only was half-listening
Without me, graders will go on grading
The world is full billables that I will never know

I love him
I love him
I love him
But only if I pass

6 comments:

ATC said...

nice you should make a youtube video

Anonymous said...

Les Miserable--apropos

Grace said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!! This is the fucking funniest thing ever. I can't stop laughing. Whatever. Call me a musical theatre geek, I don't care, you're a genius.

biff said...

I give this a pass.

Julia said...

The scariest thing about your poem is the fact that at last year's Kansas City bar review class, Conviser showed up wearing an outfit that made him look like a sea captain (+ a pink button-up shirt).

Totally Les Mis.

You pegged it to a tee.

weezermonkey said...

Pure genius. Good luck! I took the Bar a whopping six years ago, and the catchphrases from the BarBri profs are *still* the same!