Friday, July 13, 2007

I find it hard to adjust to the lines you're drawing for me

So I'm on a mission to not get another parking ticket until after I take the bar. As a result, I leave the coffee shop after 55 minutes or so, walk down to my car, plug another quarter in the meter, and walk back. I tend to stare in the soap store next door as I'm walking by. It dawned on me that I'm approaching the Terry scenario. I'm sure it appears like I'm casing the place. Then again, I'm not talking with anyone upon my return to the coffee shop - that would require me actually having contact with another human being, which I've pretty much stopped doing in it's entirety, aside from the chick at subway who makes my sandwich every day. The baristas now know what I order at coffee, so no conversation there either.

Anyways, if I did get stopped, I think it would be reasonable for me to point out that I'm studying for the bar exam, and thus 1) have a stipend, so I don't need the cash, and 2) don't take the time to shower as it cuts into my studying time. (1) could be rebutted by the fact that I have developed an adderall addiction in order to study 24 hours a day for the next week and half before the bar, and that shit's expensive. (2) though, sounds pretty good to me. Reasonable suspicion dispelled? Let's hope so. Because honestly, if I get stopped and frisked, I'm all about committing a few choice common law torts on the cops, just for having the gall to interrupt me from the joy that is remedies.

2 comments:

some guy said...

But that won't prevent the cops from stopping and frisking.

Anonymous said...

I parked in the lot by my apartment (which I was not supposed to do so, but where I parked frequently the entire summer), the Sat. before the exam. My car got towed. I was so angry blood spurted from my eyes. I wasted a half a day getting my car from impound (rode my bike there).

Then I was stuck in O'Hare because of weather overnight on Sunday. All area hotels booked by the time i arrived in Chicago. Slept on a cot and caught the earliest flight to CA on Monday.

Ate a big lunch of soul food from MaMa's on Crenshaw and Dangerous, and went out to Ontario to meet my maker.

I passed.