Friday, October 5, 2007

So this world has left you bare, I'm sorry I no longer care.

Attn Everyone I Know - I'm sick of being told - "You'll pass!" You don't know that. And every time you say it, the Cali Bar Folks feel a sharp pain in their sides and dock me another point off each of my essays. So stop... please.

On the bright side, I won't get kicked out of Biglaw for my lack of billable hours. I just got pulled into a new case that will suck my life away for quite some time. At least after the first 10 billable hours dinner is on the firm. Sadly, I may miss out on my upcoming work retreat at some posh little resort in order to spend an entire weekend at the office. But who really wants to play lawn tennis when you can work on some pimp ass litigation-related materials? Oh right, me.

4 comments:

biff said...

Doc review?

Now with 110% more bitter! said...

Nope... actual PLEADINGS and shit!

BVC said...

Oh it could be worse. You could be in working in NYC where its not unusual to have 10% - 15% of the hours you billed be slashed off and not count. Thats what I hear.

Anyway, a weekend sucking up to some blow-hard partners - who needs it.

Here I am talking as if I am on the other side - I need to take the CA Bar myself. Hey, wanna sell me your review materials? gwhilicker at yahoo. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I'm a Texas Bar gal, and we find out tomorrow (well, officially Friday Nov. 2, but it "always" comes out the day before in the afternoone online). So, I will spend tomorrow obsessively-compulsively checking the Results page every 10 seconds, being wholly unproductive, and waiting for the bad news. Do you know if big firms can retract an accepted offer for failing (I'm doing a clerkship now, so I'm not actually there yet). I'm most terrified, not about having to take the stupid 3-day TX Bar again in Febuary, but about having to deal with the humiliation and awkwardness of everyone at my firm knowing I failed (I mean, do I call to acknowledge the fact, wait for them to call me, email???).

I'm really losing it, as evidenced by surfing Bar blogs in the middle of the day.